Every year during April in the United States, we celebrate National Volunteer Week. It is the perfect time to appreciate volunteerism and volunteering.
We would like to share with you a few of the organizations where our employees either serve on the board and/or volunteer their time:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters St. Johns County, including their major fundraisers the Great Chowder Debate and Tips for Kids Sake.
- Horse Play Therapy Center- helps cover the extra expense for families whose children participate in hippotherapy (therapy with assistance from horses).
- Green Hands Initiative at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre, a program that actively works towards minimizing our community's ecological footprint.
- Rhythm and Ribs - a St. Augustine Sunrise Rotary event from which all proceeds are donated to charitable organizations for local and international service oriented projects.
In addition to time, the wonderful opportunity has come along to donate goods (like Vilano bicycles) to some amazing local organizations, including:
- Investing in Kids-INK
- Velofest Community Initiave
- Box to Bike program
- Pie in the Sky
- St. Johns County Police Athletic League-PAL
- St. Johns Count School System ASSIST program- helps students who are facing various challenges realize their dreams and full potential
- Santa's Special Kids
Even the smallest action can make a difference in someone's life. As a company, we value involvement with our community, and strive to help make it a better place. National Volunteer Week is a wonderful time to recognize this! We are grateful to have a chance to be involved with causes we care about here in Northeast Florida.